Monday 27 March 2017

On Target!

I'm feeling very pleased with myself as I've actually managed to write this blog without leaving ages between the last one!

I've had a lovely weekend spending time with my wonderful children and grandchildren. On Sunday my daughter had laid on afternoon tea in the shape of a Mad Hatters Tea Party! The food was delicious - tasty sandwiches (no crusts just like the Ritz!) and homemade scones and coffee and Walnut cake. What more could I ask for?!!




So onto crafting! Today I completed a piece in my Art Journal to enter into the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge 33. Here's the colour palette we have to work with:


Current Challenge

And here is my interpretation:


I started by painting the page with Starlight Lilac Mist paint, leaving the centre almost free of colour to create a vignette effect. I then used Memento Inks to stamp around the edges with some of the worker stamps from the CB Song Bird Crocus set. I finished the background by distressing the edges with DI Walnut Stain. I created the topper by cutting an oval from white card and stamping the bird (from the same set as above) with Versafine Spanish Moss . I painted the image with watercolours from my Gansai Tambi collection.  I then decided that there needed to be something more beneath the topper as it looked a bit empty so I stamped the crocus image randomly round the oval's footprint and painted them with Pebeo Deco Crème Matt Iris. It looked too flat so I used Spectrum Noir sparkle pens to add shading and highlights in white pen. Before adding the topper I attached a length of ribbon for added texture, embellished with pearls made using a glue gun and green glitter. I used Aged Mahogany DI around the edge of the topper in order to give it depth and then glued it down. The final touch was the bow in matching ribbon. Hope you like it!

Finally, the kittens are now coming up to 9 weeks old this week and will be visiting the vet for their first of two vaccinations. They don't like it but it's a necessity!






Well that's it for this post! Have a good week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures of the kittens Celia, and the Mother's Day tea party looks fabulous. Thanks so much for your super journal page entry into the Chocoloate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal page Celia, thank you for joining in Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, good luck, Zoe DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, those kittens are adorable! Beautiful AJ page too, love the composition and the depth you've created too. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, colouring and stamping. That feast looks wonderful and the kittens soooo cute. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete